2017 Workshops at the PCA
A Body at Peace from A Body in Pieces
John Sharkey, MSc
A Groundbreaking Paradigm Shift...
A deep dive into our self-emergent embryology...
visual, sensory and kinesthetic feast…
It’s Anatomy for the 21st Century…
September 7-9, 2018 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Location: Norris Conference Center | 2525 W. Anderson Ln #365 | Austin, TX 78757
Workshops With Wendy (On the Road)
Wendy Returns To PCA
For Her Passing The Torch Mentoring Program Weeklong Intensives
2018: February 19th - 23rd
Online Workshops With Wendy
Cultivating the Biointelligent Body
Fusion Pilates EDU | Presented by Wendy
Currently Online and ready for registration
A Paradigm Shift…New Vision in Bodywork and Movement Science
Are you eager to dive deeper into the intersection of living anatomy, fascia and movement?
This ground-breaking workshop with clinical anatomist and movement educator, John Sharkey, will take you on a visually rich journey of our human embryology and self-emergence. You will experience the integration of science, theories, evidence and lots of “real time kinesthetic experiences” … creating a visual and sensory feast , so you leave with tactile knowledge of the true nature of our human architecture.
“We can begin to see that a change of tension anywhere within a biotensegrity system, such as the mid back, is instantly signaled to everywhere else in the body chemically and mechanically. This structure works equally well right side up, upside down, in the sea, land, in the air or in space. It resolves many of the inadequacies of present biomechanical models.” …John Sharkey, MSc
We will compare and contrast a linear biomechanical approach, to this pioneering, biotensegrity “Helical body” approach of continuously tensioned contractile fascial fabric…”Anatomy for the 21st Century”!
Your Paradigm Shifting Journey into Biotensegrity:
- Three days of dynamic, thought provoking fascial movement and bodywork
- John will use living anatomy images and video content from his highly acclaimed fascial dissection courses held in Dundee University in Scotland.
- You will SEE first hand that there are no joints in the human body..and there is no stretching in tissues only gliding
- Discover how Embryology is evidence of our self-development, self-emergence, self-generated continuity of form from head to toe, back to front, birth to death
- Become aware of how Classical Clinical Anatomy is the ideal platform to demonstrate the flaws of current embryological thinking and yet point us in the direction of a new paradigm that does not require us to throw the baby out with the bathwater but does require us to retune our vision, our understanding and our appreciation of the connected oneness of all of us.
- We need the new language and vocabulary of biotensegrity to truly understand and explain human motion, breath and chronic pain
This workshop will integrate, along with movement science, numerous manual techniques including Positional Release and Strain-Counter-Strain approaches, Muscle Energy Techniques, Active Cold Therapy Stretching (ACTS) and others.
ABOUT…John Sharkey, MSc
Is a clinical anatomist, exercise physiologist, and European Neuromuscular Therapist. He has developed the world’s only Masters Degree in Neuromuscular Therapy which is accredited by the University of Chester, and conducts yearly highly acclaimed fascial dissection courses held in Dundee University in Scotland, with soft fixed cadavers using the Thiel embalming method. He is on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, the International Journal of Osteopathy, and the International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. He is also a member of the Olympic Councils Medical Team and a Founding Member of the B.I.G., Biotensegrity Interest Group, developed by Dr. Stephen Levin.
- September 7-9, 2018 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Location: Norris Conference Center
2525 W. Anderson Ln #365 | Austin, TX 78757
I am thrilled to announce my first online workshop with FusionPilatesEDU.com has launched!
For the first time online I am offering a workshop I call Cultivating the Biointelligent Body. This workshop is designed to explore a biointelligent view of “core” …as a whole body coordination …from your foot, leg, hand, arm and head to your “breathing spine”…along with a new, updated view of your Pilates “Powerhouse”, from an embodied perspective.
You will learn valuable “embodied touch” cues, and watch the model's body release old patterning that created tendonitis and plantar fasciitis, through valuable awareness building movements using a Pilates mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and High Barrel. We all know that listening to your body is so valuable, and now you will see profound changes as they happen.
When we awaken to the embodied wisdom of our Biointelligent Body, we nurture a relationship with gravity and spatial orientation that is fundamental to knowing who we are, and where we are located in both our internal and external worlds. It is only through the physical body that we can experience this felt sense, which is “spatial medicine”.
Take advantage of the one day discount - I hope you enjoy!
- 5 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement.)